13 Pieces Nordstrom Tastemaker Olivia Kim Would Buy Again

a headshot of nordstrom creative home director olivia kim sitting near some of her favorite picks for home and fashion

Courtesy

Olivia Kim knows a noteworthy brand when she sees it. As the vice president of creative projects and home at Nordstrom, she curates the coolest emerging and advanced labels for shoppers to discover for their wardrobes and their interiors.

Kim usually needs her passport to discover fresh up-and-comers. “My favorite way of discovering new brands and designers is traveling across the world to random cities and visiting all different kinds of shops in those cities: retail stores and boutiques, department stores, grocery stores, even pharmacies and bakeries to see what they have,” she says. “You never know what you’ll find and it’s always a great way to get a true sense of a place.”

Her methods have had to change over the last two years (for obvious reasons), but she’s found a workaround: “I’ve learned to just ask designers or artists about their friends or friends of friends and what they’re up to. Chances are, if you love what a designer is doing, they definitely have other inspiring friends or siblings doing awesome things.”

Personally, Kim’s shopping philosophy is less about globe-trotting research and more about impulse. “If you love it straight away and it’s affordable to your budget…buy it,” she says. “I don’t like the mind space that gets taken up from the ‘Should I have gotten it? I wonder if it’s still there? Do I need it?’ inner dialogue.” You’re bound to feel that instant connection with the lucky 13 things Kim is loving now, especially for a home upgrade, ahead.

Advertisement – Continue Reading Below

1 KBGV Coffee Brewer

Moccamaster

“My Moccamaster gives me a reason to wake up every morning. I love the fact that these machines are hand assembled in the Netherlands, are committed to sustainability, and a delicious cup of coffee is ready in four minutes. Oh, and the colors are so fun!”

2 2022 Cosmic Agenda

“I’ve started every year for as long as I can remember with a brand new Smythson cosmic agenda—it’s become a ritual. It feels refreshing to have a totally clean unused notebook the first day of the new year, while reflective to flip back through the year before. It’s just simple, the year in gold and my initials in the bottom right corner, and sophisticated.”

3 Timetreasure Invigorating Sleeping Mask

“I’ve been using Korean face products since I was a teenager, before it even had a cute moniker called K-Beauty, and Sulwhasoo is my go-to. I have a rigid eight-step routine and this is the last step and my favorite. In the morning I wake up and my face is glowing.”

4 Milano Tahiti Lamp

“I am a child of the 80’s—it’s forever a part of my sources of inspiration and Ettore Sottsass is at the heart of it. The Tahiti lamp is one of his most iconic pieces and adds color and fun to any room. A table lamp to read by or just a sculpture to look at, it is always a conversation starter.”

5 Sun Print Kit

“My daughter Cleo and I love small and quick art projects and this one is awesome and easy. Add in a nature walk and small scavenger hunt and create beautiful photo prints worthy of framing.”

6 Pleated Sleeveless Apron

Simone Rocha

“This dress sums up everything I love about Simone Rocha: the pattern on pattern, beautiful fabrics on fabrics, embroideries and beading, all on one dress! I’d wear this dress everyday, anywhere.”

7 Cyprien Gaillard for Sky High Farm Shirt

Sky High Farm

“Sky High Farm’s mission is to provide fresh, locally produced food to underserved communities using only sustainable farming practices. One hundred percent of everything grown and produced on the farm is donated. They recently launched a farm stand concept that sells their jams and honey (the jars have the cutest drawings on them from Joanna Avillez) as well as artist-collab t-shirts and other merchandise. I spent a week farming several years ago and it was one of my most memorable and fulfilling weeks.”

8 Patchwork Cotton Quilt

Levi’s x Thompson Street Studio

“Thompson Street Studio designed an exclusive quilt using leftover Levi’s remnants and fabrics. All handmade and one of a kind, these quilts make a great top of bed accent or a gorgeous wall hanging.”

9 Stone Table

Ian Collins

“I am obsessed with all of Ian Collins’ objects and sculptures out of different natural stones and materials. I love that even though this side table is literally a hard rock, it emits warmth through its shape and color.”

10 Alice Waese Jewelry

Alice Waese

“Alice Waese’s jewelry in my words is imperfectly beautiful which is what makes it perfect. I’ve started collecting them—and I can’t stop. I love the way they can be stacked together in different and wild combinations or the simplicity of just one piece worn alone.”

11 The Toaster

“I first saw these toasters in Tokyo at a toast café where literally all they had was toast with different spreads including curry with melted cheese (which was my favorite!). I love how clean and sophisticated it looks on the counter and the way that it steams the toast to be perfectly soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. It’s perfection!”

12 Ann Craven Moonlight Paintings

“Ann Craven’s moonlight paintings are so beautiful and calming and in my two favorite colors, pink and navy blue. Would love to see this in my home every day and night!”

Shop similar

13 Congolese Night Assorted Set of 6 Cotton Napkins

Goodee x Siafu

“I love a colorful napkin with a mix and match patterned dining table. These Goodee x Siafu home napkins are screen printed by hand on 100% Kenyan recycled cotton and are also reversible for a second colorway.”

This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io

Advertisement – Continue Reading Below



13 Pieces Nordstrom Tastemaker Olivia Kim Would Buy Again
Source: Filipino Journal Articles

Post a Comment

0 Comments