Who Is Julia Fox, Kanye West’s New Actress-Artist-Muse Girlfriend?

Behold: Hollywood’s latest It couple has arrived in the form of Kanye West and Julia Fox. After kicking off 2022 with a whirlwind New Year’s romance with the rapper (confirmed, as one does, with an Interview photo shoot), the 31-year-old actress-designer-artist-model-muse has captured the Internet’s attention.

But Fox has long been a fixture on the Manhattan creative scene — and has enough eccentric moments of her own to go up against West’s. From using her own blood on a canvas for an art exhibit to starring in indie darling Uncut Gems, the Italian-American starlet has established herself as a true performer.

Below, here’s everything to know about the rising star.

She appeared opposite Adam Sandler in her breakout role.

Fox played Sandler’s girlfriend in A24’s critically acclaimed Uncut Gems, the 2019 crime thriller about a jewelry dealer with a gambling addiction.

The film was directed by the Safdie brothers, a filmmaker duo Fox has known for nearly a decade. Reflecting on how she got cast, Fox told Refinery29, “It was pretty easy, I would say. It’s not rocket science. Just like act and react, and memorize your lines. You really have to be able to let go, lose control, and destroy your ego. You’re not you, you have to let go of yourself and be this whole other person, and really feel the scene that you’re in. There is an art to it. You either have it or you don’t, I think.”

For her performance, she was nominated for the Breakout Actor Award at the 2019 Gotham Awards.

This content is imported from YouTube. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

While she impressed audiences in front of the camera in Uncut Gems, Fox has plans for doing more behind-the-scenes work in the future.

I’m going to act a little more, but then my bigger picture is writing, directing, [and] producing,” she told Refinery29. “I have so many scripts. It’s about fine-tuning, and finding the right team. Even though I do love being in front of the camera, I feel more comfortable behind it. I just want to let my work speak for itself, and not always be the center of attention.”

She previously wrote and directed Fantasy Girls, a 2021 short film about teenagers involved in sex work in Reno, Nevada.

She’s an artist.

Fox has self-published two books of her own photography: 2015’s Symptomatic of a Relationship Gone Sour: Heartburn/Nausea and 2016’s PTSD.

In 2017, she even held her own funeral — or, more specifically, an art exhibition titled R.I.P. Julia Fox, curated by Richie Shazam. For the morbidly erotic show, Fox used her own blood on some of the silk canvases. She told the HuffPost,“I wanted the show to be as authentic and personal as possible. I extracted the blood with a syringe and used the syringe to paint on the silk. It wasn’t as bad as it seems.”

She’s a style maven.

If you’ve seen her date night outfits with West, then you probably already know that Fox doesn’t mind taking some sartorial risks. (Who knew thong pants with a Sies Marjan velvet coat could make such a fashion statement?)

Fox co-founded a luxe knitwear line, Franziska Fox, with her friend Briana Andalore when she was just 23 years old. The label was worn by Lindsay Lohan, Iggy Azalea, and Rumer Willis.

“I design for a woman who is sexy and intellectual, strong and feminine,” she told the HuffPost in 2014. “She’s invincible in her sexual prowess, but has an effortless minimalism in her look.”

She also attended last year’s CFDA Fashion Awards, where she and stylist Matthew Mazur teamed up to curate a dazzling pastel Dries Van Noten look. They completed the ensemble with jewelry from Jacob and Co., Tiffany & Co., and Mateo, as well as a bag from Rosantica and Jimmy Choo heels.

new york, new york november 10 julia fox attends the 2021 cfda fashion awards at the grill the pool restaurants on november 10, 2021 in new york city photo by sean zannipatrick mcmullan via getty images

Sean ZanniGetty Images

new york, new york november 10 julia fox attends the 2021 cfda fashion awards at the grill room on november 10, 2021 in new york city photo by jamie mccarthywireimage

Jamie McCarthyGetty Images

She has a son.

In January of last year, Fox welcomed the arrival of her baby son, Valentino. She announced the happy news in a series of nude pregnancy photos post to Instagram.

“These photos were taken by my sis @richieshazam right after my gyno told me I would need to go have my baby early cuz of some blood pressure issues,” she wrote in the caption. “I ran home in a panic cuz I still hadn’t taken any pics but my girls came thru for me. @nikitakesh brought the make up and @esychka brought the gloves and this is the final product. Right after the shoot I went to the hospital and had my precious baby boy. My forever valentine, Valentino. Born on January 17th, 2021. The best day of my life. #milf”

She’s been married before.

Fox married Peter Artemiev, a Brooklyn-based private pilot, in 2018. The two are now separated.

Last month, Fox slammed Artemiev via an Instagram Story, in which she posted a photo of him with the message, “Have you seen this dead beat dad?”

In a subsequent Story, she added, “I can’t even do it anymore. I just don’t want my son f–ked up cuz he feels like his dad was absent or loved alcohol and partying more than him… This man left me with a 5 month old and a dog and a home and ALL THE BILLS. It’s wrong!!! It’s not fair.”

Artemiev later responded in a statement made to Page Six, saying, “I was saddened to learn of the utterly false statements made on social media by Julia Fox, my co-parent, who is clearly struggling. Out of respect for her privacy and to protect our child, I will not comment further.”

This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io



Who Is Julia Fox, Kanye West’s New Actress-Artist-Muse Girlfriend?
Source: Filipino Journal Articles

Post a Comment

0 Comments